The agenda for Council and Committee meetings will be posted on the website 48 hours prior to a meeting. You can find the link and agenda to a meeting at the top of the agenda. Select the date of the Meeting and locate the link at the top.
There are two options: 1) participate with video for the webinar and 2) listen to the webinar via telephone.
Please note that you may have to wait for the Zoom program to download onto your computer.
If this does not happen automatically, go to https://zoom.us/support/download and the download will commence automatically on the device you are using.
Click “Open Zoom Meeting”
Enter your full name and email address then click “Join Webinar”.
If Prompted – enter webinar ID.
The meeting does not start until the host broadcasts the webinar; a message will appear on your screen to wait for the host. The webinar will begin as soon as the host starts the webinar.
During the Webinar you are an attendee therefore you may (not always) have the following options to participate:
1) mute / unmute your audio
2) virtually raise your hand (by selected the hand at the bottom of your screen)
If you need to speak to an agenda item “raise your hand” you may be moved into the meeting.
OPTION # 2 VIA TELEPHONE
Dial the phone number from your phone 1-778-907-2071 or 1-438-809-7799 or 1-587-328-1099 or 1-647-374-4685
• You will be prompted to enter the meeting / webinar ID then press #
• You will be promoted to enter a participant code if applicable or just press #
• If the host has not started the meeting yet, you can stay on the line and wait by pressing #
During the Meeting you are an attendee therefore you may (not always) have the following options to participate:
1) mute / unmute your audio by pressing *6
2) raise your hand by pressing *9
Online / Phone Etiquette
• Attendees are not active participants; they are to view and listen only.
• If there is a public meeting, public will be given an opportunity to address Council at the meeting. Please wait for this time to direct any questions you may have to the meeting host by “Raising your hand”.
• To avoid any background noise for all participants involved, ensure your audio is on mute until you are speaking. Once you are done speaking, place your audio back on mute.
• When speaking, please announce yourself by your full name address. Then speak.
• The public will be required to maintain decorum at all times.