Petrolia Municipal Office Closed Due to Weather Conditions
Petrolia, ON – Due to current, and projected weather conditions throughout the day today, Wednesday, January 25, 2023, the Town of Petrolia has the following closures and alterations to services:
- The Town of Petrolia Municipal Office is Closed to walk-ins, staff working remotely will respond to phone calls and emails.
- The Victoria Playhouse Petrolia Box Office is
Closed, with tickets and gift certificates available online at www.thevpp.ca.
- Staff working remotely will return phone calls and emails.
- The Greenwood Recreation Centre remains open at this time.
Our Public Works team will be working to maintain safety on our roads, and remind residents:
– Under the Highway Traffic Act Section 181 – Deposit of snow on Roadway, states that “No person shall deposit snow or ice on a roadway without permission in writing to do so from the Ministry of Transportation or the road authority responsible for the maintenance of the road.”
– This generally applies to the snow that accumulates in laneways from precipitation and from private or municipal snow plowing operations, those who insist on plowing snow from private property onto public roads can be fined
– Residents are reminded there is no overnight parking on Town streets between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
-This allows for the Town’s Road Crews to plow the roads safely and efficiently; we ask that you please abide by the by-law and be considerate of the road crews when they are out doing their best to keep our roads open and in safe condition
Parking on Roadway
– Under the Highway Traffic Act Section 170.
Vehicles interfering with traffic
(12) Despite the other provisions of this section, no person shall park or stand a vehicle on a highway in such a manner as to interfere with the movement of traffic or the clearing of snow from the highway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 170 (12).
– Under By-Law Business owners are required to maintain the front area of their storefront, this includes the removal of snow
– The Sidewalk Plow will make its way through Town once permittable; Roads are the priority for Works Crew once they are clear Sidewalks
– Please ensure all sporting equipment ie: hockey nets, basketball nets are removed from the curb & roadway
For support from the Town of Petrolia during this closure, and during the holidays please see the list below:
After Hours contacts:
- Water related Emergency, call 1-888-522-0117
- Public Works Emergency (non-water), call 519-882-2351
- General By-Law Enforcement, call 519-845-5420
- Parking Enforcement, call 519-312-1238
- Animal Control, JSG Animal Solutions, Jeff Dewhirst – Call/Text 519-312-1322 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our online portal https://petrolia.civicweb.net/Portal/CitizenEngagement.aspxs with a specific concern if required.