Accessibility and Planning
Alternative formats are available upon request. If you require information in an alternate format, please contact the Clerk.
The Town of Petrolia is committed to enriching the quality of life for persons with disabilities. The Town recognizes that it is a long-term process, and knows that community collaboration and input is vital for moving towards full accessibility for persons with a disability. The Town strives to remove existing barriers that limit inclusion while sustaining a community where residents are proud to be a resident.
Town of Petrolia Accessibility Policy and Plan
- 2017 -2020 Multi Year Accessibility Plan Final
- Petrolia Accessibility Plan – Annual Update 2015
- Petrolia Accessibility Plan 2013 Update
- Emergency Management Operations Guide 2015 – Public
- Government of Ontario Accessibility Laws
- Accessibility Works – Accessibility Information for Businesses
If you have any questions regarding accessibility please contact the Clerk.
The Town of Petrolia would appreciate feedback from the community to ensure that barriers are identified and a plan is put in place to remove those barriers. You can help by identifying accessible barriers within municipal buildings, municipal programs and services in Petrolia.
Barriers may include:
- A sidewalk without a curb ramp
- Snow removal at a specific location
- Inaccessible washroom within a municipal building
- A door way that is not wide enough in a municipal building
- Signage in a municipal building
- Municipal parking
Help make Petrolia more Accessible by submitting your information by E-Mail to Dave Menzies.
- Town of Petrolia – Zoning By-law Schedule A
- Town of Petrolia – Official Plan 2016
- 13-2016 Official Plan adoption 13-2016 Schedule B
- Planning Department Information – 2015 – Business Hours
- Town of Petrolia Strategic Plan
Development in the Town of Petrolia
Monday from 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Thursday from 8:30 a.m. – noon, and a full day each Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.