Petrolia Transfer Site
IMPORTANT INFORMATION Corporation of the Town of Petrolia 546 Maude Street Leaf & Yard Waste Depot Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA) number A031607 Types of Waste Approved for Receipt at this Facility:
|Annual, Perennial and Vegetable Garden Plants|
|Fruit Tree Waste|
|Pumpkins with no candles, paint, or decorations|
|Tree branches up to 4” in diameter|
Types of Waste NOT ACCEPTED at this Facility:
Residents may bring items in paper bags or reusable bins; no plastic bags will be accepted. Residents with unacceptable items will be asked to take them home. CONTACT INFORMATION: Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP’s) Spills Action Center telephone number- (416)325-3000 or 1(800)268-6060 Operating Hours 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Town of Petrolia Emergency Phone Number- (519)882-2351 Resident Feedback http://town.petrolia.on.ca/governance/citizen-engagement-comment-form/
Curb Side Wood Chipping
What Can I Recycle? Waste Management Recycling Tips On your collection day please have your waste collection items as well as recycling items at the curb by 7:00 am. Waste Collection & Recycling Route Map
Autumn Leaf Pick Up – Autumn Only
- Leaves must be in paper bags and at the curb to be picked up.
- Pick up will take place Monday, Wednesday and Friday beginning October 15, for as long as weather permits.
Curb Side Pick Up Schedule
- Weekly – by Waste Management
- Central Business District – Twice per week
- Residential Collection: Limit of 3 bags or containers
- Commercial, Industrial & Institutional – Limit of 5 bags or containers (subject to site plan agreement)
- Please have waste for pick up at the curbside by 7:00 a.m. on day of collection and not before 7:00 p.m. the previous day.
- On your collection day please have your waste collection items as well as recycling items at the curb by 7:00 am.
Large Item Pick Up
All items are to be placed at the curb no sooner the 7:00 a.m. the day of your regularly scheduled pick up. Items NOT ACCEPTED: – Anything hazardous (paint, aerosols, etc.) – Broken Glass, Window Panes or Sliding Doors – Recyclable materials – Compost – Construction Material – Vehicles or Vehicle parts – Appliances (washer, dryer, refrigerator, etc.) – Electronics
Depot is open Last Saturday of the month as follows: March, April, May, June, September, October The County of Lambton, in conjunction with Clean Harbors Canada Inc., host several Household Hazardous Waste collections events each year. The events give Lambton County residents an opportunity to properly dispose of potentially dangerous waste from their homes and protect our environment at the same time. If hazardous products are thrown in with the regular garbage, it can injure sanitation workers and cause long-term environmental problems. Household Hazardous Waste Days take place at the Clean Harbors Canada Inc. site: 4090 Telfer Road in St. Clair Township the last Saturdays of March, April, May, June, September, and October.
- 9am – 2pm
- Services paid for by the County of Lambton.
- This service is intended to accept household hazardous waste only.
E-Waste Depot Weekend details will be posted here when an event is planned. Please CLICK HERE for details on what is accepted for recycling.