PROVINCIAL STAY AT HOME ORDER EXTENDED – MUNICIPAL SERVICE UPDATE
Petrolia – As per Provincial guidelines, we will continue with the Provincial State of Emergency and Provincial Stay at Home framework for a total of six weeks.
Effective Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 12:01 a.m.:
• Prohibit all outdoor social gatherings and organized public events, except for with members of the same household or one other person from outside that household who lives alone or a caregiver for any member of the household;
• Close all non-essential workplaces in the construction sector;
• Reduce capacity limits to 25 per cent in all retail settings where in-store shopping is permitted. This includes supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, indoor farmers’ markets, other stores that primarily sell food and pharmacies; and,
• Close all outdoor recreational amenities, such as golf courses, basketball courts, and soccer fields, with limited exceptions.
Effective Monday, April 19, 2021 at 12:01 a.m.,
• Limiting the capacity of weddings, funerals, and religious services, rites, or ceremonies to 10 people total indoors or outdoors. Social gatherings associated with these services such as receptions are prohibited, except for with members of the same household or one other person from outside that household who lives alone. Drive-in services will be permitted.
• All other public health and workplace safety measures for non-essential retail under the provincewide emergency brake (i.e., curbside pick-up and delivery only), will continue to apply.
Per the Provincial Order, all administrative staff will be working from home until further notice, and The Town of Petrolia Municipal Office will be CLOSED. Staff will remain available by telephone and e-mail. Regular hours will continue from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Staff will be available to respond to resident requests or provide answers to questions by telephone to (519) 882-2350 or by e-mail to the specific staff member you require, or to our general inbox at email@example.com. The voicemail will be checked hourly during business hours, and messages will be relayed to the staff member responsible. Residents can expect the same excellent customer service, but staff appreciate patience as these new processes are implemented.
Other closures, by Provincial Order, include non-essential construction sites, workplaces that have staff that can work from home, basketball courts, tennis courts, baseball diamonds and outdoor recreation amenities.
Families or persons in the same household are encouraged to keep active by walking, biking, or enjoying the playgrounds, and trails, and are reminded to maintain physical distance and wear masks if physical distancing is not an option. Park benches and the dock in Bridgeview Park North are open for use by single users or by families.
All essential services will be maintained including water, wastewater, park maintenance, curbside waste collection and recycling collection and cemetery services. The staff of the Town of Petrolia are dedicated to maintaining the level of service that is expected from residents.
Chief Administrative Officer, Rick Charlebois said, “I know these additional restrictions are challenging for everyone, but the Province has set these restrictions that are needed to save lives and help avoid exceeding the capacities of our hospitals. Our staff continue to be at the service of our residents, and we will continue to provide updated information about facilities and services when we have more information. We thank residents for their patience, kindness and understanding as we continue to work and adapt during these ever-changing times.”
A Quick List for Resident Information:
“At Need” Cemetery Services will be available by video conference only.
Marriage Licenses will be unavailable at this time.
Petrolia Town Council Meetings and Advisory Committee Meetings will proceed as scheduled online via video conferencing.
The Public Washrooms at the Petrolia Farmers’ Market will be available for use Monday – Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Town of Petrolia Planner, Rob Nesbitt, will not be working out of the Petrolia Municipal Office until further notice. He can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (519)918-9347.
The Victoria Playhouse Petrolia Box Office will remain closed to foot traffic until further notice. Ticket sales for future performances will still be available by telephone to (519) 882-1221 or 1-800-717-7694. Any outstanding rentals of Victoria Hall scheduled for April and May have been cancelled or postponed. All tickets on patron’s accounts from 2020/2021 will remain a credit that will not expire. Patrons are asked to please e-mail email@example.com with any concerns or questions.
Please note that the Petrolia YMCA will continue to be closed.
The Greenwood Recreation Centre will be used by the Central Lambton Family Health Team for a vaccination site. See below for details.
The Compost Transfer Site opening will be delayed to May 22. Passes will be made available as soon as possible.
Large Item Collection will proceed as scheduled Monday, April 26 – Friday, April 30 per the usual schedule.
Per the Provincial Order, all administrative staff will be working from home until at least May 20, and The Town of Petrolia Municipal Office will be CLOSED. Staff will remain available by telephone and e-mail. (519)882-2350
Please also follow the Town of Petrolia on Facebook, Twitter and check our website (www.town.petrolia.on.ca) for regular updates. We have a mail slot available for anyone that wishes to drop any correspondence or payments off at the Municipal Office to be processed by staff. At this time, the Municipal Office closure will proceed until further notice.
Vaccination Clinic Notice:
Central Lambton Family Health Team (CLFHT) has received 200 doses of AstraZeneca covid vaccine. A mass clinic has been scheduled for the afternoon of Friday April 23, 2021 at Greenwood Recreation Centre (Petrolia Arena) by appointment only.
To receive a dose of this vaccine, you must meet these criteria:
-Be age 40 to 65
-a patient of the following physicians:
* Dr. Firas Al-Dhaher * Dr. John Butler * Dr. Samantha Cooper * Dr. Enoch Daniel * Dr. Lincoln Lam * Dr. Alex Leonard * Dr. Justin Mall * Dr. Frank Riedl * Dr. Nathan Taylor * Dr. Angela Wang
- Have not yet received a dose of a covid vaccine
To book a vaccine appointment for this AstraZeneca clinic, go to app.getcorigan.ca
If you are not able to schedule online, email CLFHT at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance booking an appointment.
Staff are continuously monitoring developments around coronavirus (COVID-19), and we continue to look to the Public Health Agency of Canada, Public Health Ontario, and our various municipal health experts for recommendations, guidance, and direction.
For more information:
Chief Administrative Officer/Treasurer
Town of Petrolia
411 Greenfield Street
Petrolia, Ontario, N0N 1R0
Phone: (519)882-2350 Ext. 225