Petrolia Wastewater Treatment Plant Project Receives 2018 Project of the Year Award from the Ontario Public Works Association
Posted: January 29, 2019
The award, presented on January 24, in Mississauga, was presented to the Town of Petrolia in association with CIMA+ Engineering and Stone Town Construction Ltd.; by the Ontario Public Works Association for the 2018 Project of the Year Award in the category of Small Municipality and Community Category.
Years of work in preparation and pre-planning for the project came to fruition in July 2015, when almost $14.3 million dollars in federal and provincial funding was announced for the Petrolia Wastewater Treatment Plant. The project has been completed with the new plant online and in full operation.
The state-of-the-art facility is now one of the finest wastewater treatment plants in Ontario, and the expansion and upgrades have made it possible for population growth in Petrolia to be supported.
The Petrolia Waste Water Treatment Plant has increased capacity and features state-of-the-art processing of wastewater. From the preliminary treatment that includes screening and grit removal through the Aeration Tanks and Secondary Clarifiers, Disc Filtration, UV Disinfection to Effluent Discharge, the upgraded and expanded plant will effectively manage waste water for many years.
Mayor Loosley toured the plant with Operator Cathy Culnan before accepting the award in Mississauga on behalf of the Town.
Notice & Advisory
- PETROLIA A PROUD RECIPIENT OF $539K FROM PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT TO MODERNIZE SERVICE DELIVERY AND REDUCE FUTURE COSTS
- PETROLIA MAYOR CELEBRATES VOLUNTEERISM
- PETROLIA ANNOUNCES PURPLE & ORANGE FLOWER THEME FOR 2019!
- Notice of Public Meeting: request for Official Plan and Zone Amendment, 11038605 Canada Ltd – 395 Fletcher St.pdf
- Petrolia Clothing Available for Pre-Order