PETROLIA TOWN-WIDE GARAGE SALES RETURN JULY 23 & 24, 2021
The Volunteer Business Group has worked with the Town of Petrolia to outline the details around the rescheduling of the Annual Town-wide Garage Sales weekend in Petrolia.
The weekend of July 23 and 24, 2021 will proceed as the “Re-Scheduled 2021 Petrolia Town-Wide Garage Sales”.
Should residents wish to host a garage sale, we have compiled some safety measures to encourage a successful event:
• Have a plan to reinforce limiting the number of people to adhere to gathering limits. This may include designating a person to monitor the numbers or posting signage at the end of your property asking people to wait.
• Position tables as far apart as possible to allow for physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet)
• Identify a specific traffic flow so that customers are moving in one direction by posting signs or taping arrows on the pavement
• Have hand sanitizer available for yourself and customers use
• For cash exchange, ensure that you wash/sanitize your hands before and after touching the money
• Designate a cash box space for customers to set their money down and retrieve change from rather than directly exchanging money
• If physical distancing is difficult, it is recommended that a non-medical mask/face covering of two layers be used
• Limit the handling of items as much as possible once your sale has begun – sanitizing hands before and after adjusting items
• Food should not be sold at yard/garage sales
• Do not go out if you have any COVID-19 or cold and flu symptoms
• Sanitize your hands regularly and often (think before, during, after) when you arrive and leave the garage sale
• Stay 2 metres (6 feet) from others while shopping
• Have only one member of your household do the shopping
• Look for the direction to follow the specific flow of traffic the seller has laid out for the sale
• Consider wearing a non-medical mask/face covering, especially if you cannot maintain 6 feet of distance from others. If you are unable to wear a mask and physical distancing will be challenging to maintain, consider sending a friend/relative to shop for you.
• Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, or mouth
• Limit the handling of items as much as possible – sanitizing hands before and after, post signage to remind people of this.
• Wipe down the inside of your vehicle where the item was stored or take a bag to put the items you purchase in so you can discard or clean upon return home
• For cash exchange ensure that you wash/sanitize your hands before and after touching the money
The Volunteer Business Group and the Town of Petrolia thank you for your patience and understanding as we worked together to re-schedule this event in consideration of the health and safety of our community.