Petrolia Municipal Office to be Closed to Walk in Traffic for Friday, July 17, 2020 for Bi-annual Deep Cleaning and Disinfecting – Staff Remain Available
Posted: July 13, 2020
Council recently approved a disinfecting and deep cleaning schedule for all Town-owned facilities that will see them closed to walk in traffic each year for a period in July, and between Christmas and New Years’ Day. This deep cleaning and facility disinfecting will include carpet cleaning, deep cleaning and disinfection of all public spaces and high-touch surfaces, offices, and a complete sanitation of all facilities.
The notion of a twice annual deep cleaning was piloted in December 2019, and considering the development of COVID-19, staff recommended that this policy be implemented and proceed each year moving forward.
Chief Administrative Officer/Treasurer, Rick Charlebois, said, “The Town of Petrolia takes the health and safety of our visitors and our staff very seriously. This short interruption twice per year provides an opportunity to our custodial staff to deep clean our facilities to maintain the high level of cleanliness that we strive to provide.”
Please be advised that the July 2020 deep cleaning of Victoria Hall will take place the week of Tuesday to Sunday, July 14 – 19, 2020.
Details of this deep cleaning and disinfecting are as follows:
• Town Hall will remain open to the public Tuesday – Thursday, July 14 -16, 2020 as the cleaning will be taking place on the second, and third floors and in public areas that do not directly affect walk in traffic and staff work areas.
• Town Hall will be closed to walk in traffic on Friday, July 17, 2020 and all staff have been asked to work remotely, to allow for all carpets to be shampooed and for the office space to be deep cleaned. Phone calls will be answered and assistance to residents will remain available.
• Over the weekend, while the carpets are drying, the building will have a spray disinfectant applied to all surfaces.
There will be no interruption to service while staff work remotely on Friday July 17, 2020 aside from the building being closed to walk in traffic. Residents are asked to please call (519)882-2350 for assistance or to e-mail staff with any specific questions or concerns. The phones will be answered between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The next scheduled deep cleaning will take place in the last week of December 2020.
Notice & Advisory
- Resident Survey Available Regarding Mandatory Mask Use in Petrolia’s Indoor Public Spaces
- Petrolia Mandatory Mask Survey
- Mayor Letter to Residents – July 24, 2020
- Provincial Stage Three Announcement Brings Changes to Petrolia Facilities
- FALL LARGE ITEM COLLECTION CONFIRMED IN PETROLIA