Petrolia Municipal Office Opens to Public – Strongly Recommends Appointments
Posted: June 17, 2020
The Town of Petrolia has been working to develop safety protocols for public to access the Municipal Office during the COVID-19 restrictions. As some restrictions have been relaxed in Ontario, the Town of Petrolia has been following those suggested protocols very closely.
Victoria Hall is a unique facility with a set of challenges for physical distancing. The building is designed with corridors and staircases that make physical distancing difficult at times. Below, please see the guidelines for a safe visit to the Petrolia Municipal Office.
Starting, Monday, June 22, 2020; the Town of Petrolia Municipal Office will be allowing public access for appointments and public access from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Residents are strongly encouraged to call ahead and arrange an appointment as this will assist with maintaining a safe environment for visitors and staff. Calling ahead will limit numbers in the facility and allow for proper physical distancing. The safety of residents and staff is of utmost importance, and the Town of Petrolia will make every effort to follow the required distancing and safety guidelines.
To schedule an appointment please call (519)882-2350. Only one appointment will be scheduled at a time to assist with social/physical distancing requirements.
The safe access requirements and guidelines for your appointment or visit to the Municipal Office include:
1. Those entering the facility are required to wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
2. Access is limited to the Municipal Basement Entrance at this time. Those requiring an accessible entrance are asked to please call ahead so that staff may assist with barrier free access.
3. Please sanitize your hands upon entry to the facility.
4. Please respect social/physical distancing protocols of 6 feet.
5. Please bring your own pen and required documents.
6. Currently there are no public restrooms available.
As guidelines change, we will provide an update to residents and property owners. We thank you for your assistance as we take this first step toward opening our doors with many new safety protocols in place in our facility.
At this time, the Victoria Playhouse Petrolia Box Office remains available by telephone to (519)882-1221 and is closed to walk in traffic.
As always, staff remain available by telephone to (519)882-2350 or by e-mail to the staff member or to a general mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice & Advisory
- Annual Petrolia Barn Dance Postponed and Art in the Park Cancelled
- Mayor Letter to Residents – July 3, 2020
- Family Fishing Week Derby Announced in Petrolia – July 4-12
- BOTTLE AND CAN DRIVE BENEFITTING HOSPITAL AN INCREDIBLE SUCCESS
- Petrolia Farmers’ Market Opening Scheduled for June 27, 2020