Letter to Residents from Mayor R. Brad Loosley – May 29, 2020
Posted: May 29, 2020
I would like to talk about gratitude! For several weeks, I have been enjoying my weekly opportunity to share my thoughts with all of you and I am grateful that you take a few minutes to read my letters. I’ve decided to change the format this week, I am going to list all of the things that I am grateful for and I encourage you to send me what you’re grateful for too!
- Our Petrolia in Bloom Committee and Parks staff have been busy placing the beautiful purple and yellow flower planters around Petrolia – great work, they are so bright and cheerful!
- Many of our beloved merchants have started re-opening their doors!
- Our restaurants continue to provide excellent takeout and delivery services!
- Our long-term care homes continue to provide exemplary service to our seniors and are providing love and care to our loved ones for us until we can do so ourselves.
- Our medical professionals continue to take care of our health needs and to selflessly support those in need of care.
- Lambton Emergency Services, The Petrolia and North Enniskillen Fire Department and our Support Operations Response Team continue to provide excellent support and passionately serve our community and those around us.
- We have a date to start the Compost Transfer services – June 6, 2020 – and all compost related fees have been waived this year!
- Virtual Pizzafest is right around the corner and I could not be more grateful for the local restaurant participation in this event and I’m delighted that our friends, and fan favourites, from the Victoria Playhouse will be entertaining us!
- The weather has ushered in spring (summer?) this week and it has permitted staff to have the parks maintained and ready for use!
- Some optometry, dental, medical, physiotherapy, chiropractic services can resume.
- On a personal note, my son, Jay, celebrated a birthday this week and I look forward to celebrating with him when we are able.
- The Wingfield Street reconstruction project is beginning to take shape, and information will be available soon!
- Lambton Public Health has made testing available at multiple sites for anyone wishing to be tested for COVID-19 – please call first, and visit town.petrolia.on.ca for details.
- Our video Council meetings have been successful!
- Our parks and trails are open, you can golf at Kingswell Glen (formerly Glenview Golf Club), our tennis and pickleball courts are open and residents can enjoy the walking track at LCCVI once again – lots of great reasons to go outside!
There are so many things that I could list about how grateful I am for Petrolia residents doing their part, Petrolia businesses learning what it means to re-open, for parents that are teaching their children and much more. Keep hope in your heart, Petrolia, we are doing an incredible job – together while we are apart.
Mayor R. Brad Loosley
Notice & Advisory
- Resident Survey Available Regarding Wingfield Street
- The Rotary Club of Petrolia has Donated a Bench and Flagpole to Further Beautify Petrolia
- PETROLIA HARVESTFEST MOVED TO 2021 – FAMILY FUN “PETROLIA HARVEST DAYS” ANNOUNCED
- The Lambton Central Petrolia Optimist Club and the Rotary Club of Petrolia Have Donated a New “Grasshopper” Ride-On Play Equipment to Kerr Park
- TOWN OF PETROLIA ISSUES CALL FOR COMMITTEE MEMBERS