Letter to Petrolia Residents – covid-19 Updates
Posted: March 31, 2020
The past couple of weeks have been a time of great uncertainty and daily changes to the way we live, work, complete daily tasks and socialize. With each day come change, and with each change comes new challenges for each of us to continue with what we consider to be a normal life. It is up to you, the residents of Petrolia to continue to do your part when it comes to flattening the curve in our community.
Some updates for the next couple of weeks in Petrolia:
- Heidi’s Your Independent Grocer is working with The Rotary Club of Petrolia and the Support Operations Response Team (SORT) to make grocery deliveries available to Petrolia residents in addition to the online order and pick up option. To schedule this service and to learn more about it, please call (519)882-2211.
- M & M Food Market is providing a Click and Collect service for online ordering. Residents are asked to call for delivery if required (519)882-4316.
- Hogan Pharmacy continues to provide delivery, and you are asked to call (519)882-1840. Lambton Pharmacy continues to also provide services but ask that you call upon arrival (519)882-0650.
- Many restaurants are open for take-out and delivery only, it is encouraged that you call for hours of operation.
- The re-zoning meetings scheduled for April 14, 2020 have been postponed to a date to be determined.
- The Town of Petrolia Council Meeting scheduled for April 14, 2020 will proceed using a conference call platform. This is a new, provincially adopted method to conduct Council Meetings during times such as these. Information regarding how the public can access this meeting will be published soon. Please check https://petrolia.civicweb.net/Portal/ for details.
- Following the guidelines set by the government of Ontario, our playground and sports fields are closed.
- Gatherings of five or more persons are prohibited under Provincial order. This is being strictly enforced.
Stay home. Please use physical distancing guidelines of six feet between you and other residents. If you don’t live with them: don’t visit them. Now is not the time for social coffees, playdates or quick visits. Now is the time that we are called upon to protect one another and to prevent the spread in our community and beyond.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you all continued good health.
Mayor R. Brad Loosley, Council & Staff
Notice & Advisory
- Put a Little Jingle in The Holidays with Petrolia Jingle Bucks!
- Resident Survey Available Regarding 2022 Petrolia Municipal Election
- PETROLIA HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE LAUNCHES LIMITED-EDITION CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT SERIES
- 2020 GREEN LEADER GRANT PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT
- PETROLIA 150 COMMITTEE LAUNCHES LIMITED-EDITION COMMEMORATIVE COIN SET