Lambton’s Creative County Committee will be hosting four Cultural Forums during the month of September
Posted: August 29, 2017
Creative County Grant Program
2018 Application Intake – October 2, 2017 to November 13, 2017
For more information visit Program Guidelines & Application
2017 Cultural Forums
The Creative County Committee will be hosting four Cultural Forums in September, to promote collaboration across the cultural, arts and heritage sectors. The forums will also provide the opportunity for prospective applicants to the Creative County Grant Program to discuss their ideas with County staff and other potential partners in their community.
In addition, the forums will include demonstrations on writing effective grant applications and an overview of eligibility criteria and the related evaluation process.
Forums will be held:
7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Thursday September 7, 2017
Oil Museum of Canada – Theatre Room
7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Thursday, September 14, 2017
7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Lambton Heritage Museum
7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Thursday, September 28, 2017
Judith & Norman Alix Art Gallery – Gurd Room
What is the Creative County Grant Program?
The Creative County Grant Program invests in new and innovative projects that build cultural capacity, strengthen the creative community, define the County’s unique identity and enrich the quality of life of all residents.
The objectives of the program respond to “Building a Creative Economy: A Cultural Plan for Lambton County” and the overall intent of the Creative County Committee (CCC) to:
- nurture creativity and imagination through arts, culture and heritage projects;
- promote innovation and support new, dynamic efforts in the creative community;
- develop unique cultural resources that enhance the health and vitality of our communities;
- support the development of new audiences;
- encourage inclusion and celebrate diversity through our rich creative community;
- foster creativity by encouraging collaborative partnership; and
- promote culture as a key component of economic growth and quality of life.
Building Community Partnerships
The Cedar Point II Wind Power Project recently donated $200,000 to the Creative County Grant Program. This significant investment will provide additional opportunities for all of Lambton County starting in 2017.
The Cedar Point II Wind Power Project is committed to building partnerships that foster the cultural capacity of our community. Through the newly formed partnership with the County of Lambton Creative County Grant Program, Cedar Point II Wind Power Project is committed to strengthening the creative community and expanding the capacity to innovate through arts and culture.
For more information about the Creative County Grant Program, please contact:
Office of the CAO I County of Lambton
519-845-0801 ext. 5471
Notice & Advisory
- Road Resurfacing on County Road 4 (Petrolia Line) in the Town of Petrolia
- Hillsdale Cemetery Columbarium has opened
- Lambton’s Creative County Committee will be hosting four Cultural Forums during the month of September
- Approved 2017 Property Tax Rates
- Petrolia 2017 Compost Schedule Announced!