Hillsdale Cemetery Columbarium has opened
Posted: September 6, 2017
Hillsdale Cemetery is the site of the newly completed columbarium garden. The columbarium garden section was added to Hillsdale Cemetery to create a peaceful and serene place for cremation interment. The culture surrounding final resting place locations is quickly changing to reflect more people choosing cremation, and cemeteries being seen as not only the final resting place for a loved one, but a place where family and friends can attend while grieving. Mayor John McCharles said, “We are pleased to have this at Hillsdale so that there is another option not only for both individuals during the planning process, but also for families to spend time in peaceful reflection.”
This is the first of four-planned columbaria at Hillsdale Cemetery, with the remaining three being added as required. Each columbarium contains 48 niches, and each niche can hold up to two cremations. Sales start on August 30, 2017.
The columbarium garden is located at the south-west corner of “Section C” at Hillsdale Cemetery, a place that was chosen for the views of Bear Creek, and occasional scenes of Herons, Cranes, and other wildlife. Family members that visit loved ones will be surrounded by manicured gardens, and hear a soothing water feature.
Anyone interested in purchasing a niche in the columbarium is asked to contact Mandi Pearson by phone to (519)882-2350 Ext. 221, or by e-mail to email@example.com
Notice & Advisory
- PETROLIA A PROUD RECIPIENT OF $539K FROM PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT TO MODERNIZE SERVICE DELIVERY AND REDUCE FUTURE COSTS
- PETROLIA MAYOR CELEBRATES VOLUNTEERISM
- PETROLIA ANNOUNCES PURPLE & ORANGE FLOWER THEME FOR 2019!
- Notice of Public Meeting: request for Official Plan and Zone Amendment, 11038605 Canada Ltd – 395 Fletcher St.pdf
- Petrolia Clothing Available for Pre-Order